An artful imagination and a desire to create a restorative retreat was the inspiration behind this amazing wine country property. The result is a remarkable collection of four architecturally significant pavilions gently placed within a madrone forest, connected by a network of boardwalks and a mindful appreciation of nature’s garden. It is this enduring environment that provides the backdrop for a lifestyle that is transformative and tranquil.
This unique rural retreat defies description. The contemporary minimalist aesthetic, designed by Berkeley-based architect Douglas Burnham, features cedar clad one-room cabins luxuriously fitted with electricity, HVAC, premium appliances, designer fixtures and artisan craftsmanship. Three free-standing sleeping cabins, positioned respectfully apart from one another, cluster around a central communal kitchen/dining and lounging lodge that includes built in sofa & dining tables, home theater & wood stove.
The angular-shaped cabin structures finished with stained matte black exteriors feature private decks elevated on stilts above the forest floor. Nana wall door systems open to exterior decks and interiors are clear sealed cedar & plywood. The principal cabin features a wood stove, and a tranquil bath with soaking tub and rose tinted windows looking out to the madrones. Two additional luxury platform tents are perfect for guests to experience nature’s beauty.
An expansive amphitheater-style recreation patio, anchored under a canopy of trees, becomes a stage for backyard games and, at day’s end, a place for regaling stories and adventures around the gas firepit. Days are spent cycling, hiking, in-town shopping and dining, or simply lounging by the saline pool and lounging deck which is located on a sun-washed knoll, just steps from the complex. Poolside features stunning views, lounging deck, lush lawn and in-ground trampoline.
This 40± acres property is located along the popular wine country corridor of West Dry Creek and accessed by an unpaved private road that leads to a gated entrance situated above Healdsburg’s Dry Creek Valley. Whether a private campground, ultimate building site, legacy estate or a woodland retreat, there are no words to adequately describe the magic of this very special place.
- 3 sleeping cabins each with private baths, featuring Sonoma forge exterior showers, Viola brass faucets and Duravit hung wall toilet & lavatory, Moroccan, Heath and glass tile in different cabin baths.
- Bunkhouse has Nana wall door systems and sleeps 6.
- Principal Cabin has a modern wood fireplace, Nana wall door system, as well as a cedar hot tub.
- Living Room Cabin features home theatre projection and sound system, modern wood stove, built in sofa and storage.
- Communal Kitchen Cabin features SubZero refrigeration and dishwasher, Wolf stove with custom, built-in stainless steel counter, storage and shelving. Custom built dining tables (indoor and outdoor).
- Rustic chic Montana tents with private deck.
- Shared outdoor shower and WC.
- Heated, saline system Pool is 42’ long by appx 22’8" wide.
- Lawn area has newly installed sod. Lounge decking for entertaining overlooks the valley views.
- Cedar hot tub and Cedar cold plunge.
- In-ground trampoline.
- Recreation Patio with gas firepit and salvaged large Redwood timber benches.
- Multiple Hiking Trails both on property and within the vicinity.
- Potential building site with stunning views.
- Approximately 15 minutes to Healdsburg's restaurants, shopping and amenities.
- APN: 139-090-012
- Acreage: 40± acres
- Architect: Douglas Burnham
- Zoning: RRD B6 120 RC50/50
- Ground Water: Zone 4
Show MoreShow Less